Camping trips. Creative retreats. Shabbat dinners. Gather Grants provide funding for all the creative ways you want to bring the Revolve Community together.
What are Gather Grants?
Gather Grants encourage Revolve community members to get together in small groups. The goal of Gather Grants is to encourage community members to create mission-aligned memorable experiences for each other, and build and strengthen relationships within the community. Examples include:
- Professional Development in your city with a speaker and lunch
- Weekend retreat to reconnect and refocus on purpose
- Day of volunteering with dinner
- Hiking trip and reflection
Funding will be granted on a rolling basis. You can expect a decision within about a week of your submission. Each application should center around a high-quality experience for Revolve community members. A few key points:
- These grants should help you create awesome get-togethers. They can be informal or more structured, but they’ll help bring the community together.
- A minimum of 4 Revolve community members must attend for funding to be awarded.
- As with all Revolve programs, Gather Grants is reimbursement-based. You should keep your itemized receipts and submit them for reimbursement after the event takes place.
- Your event can be open to participants who are not part of the Revolve network, but Gather Grant funding will only be allocated toward Revolve members in attendance.
- In order to fund as many proposals as possible as equitably as possible, we may offer partial funding and discuss the right budget for your idea.
- Grants cannot fund travel. Funds are intended to be used on items such as food, activities and accommodations that enhance the experience of being together.
- If you have an idea and would like to organize a Gathering but live outside of a Revolve hub that prevents you from bringing at least 4 Revolve members together, please contact the Leadership Team to discuss at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If your Gather Grant proposal is primarily designed for re-connecting, community building and deepening relationships, proposals can request up to $30 per Revolve member, with a minimum of 4 Revolve attendees for the award to be reimbursed.
- If your Gather Grant proposal is primarily designed for programming with specific activities that accelerate members’ impact, are meaningfully aligned with Jewish values, and/or focus on values-based leadership development, proposals can request up to $50 per Revolve member, with a minimum of 4 Revolve attendees for the award to be reimbursed.
Overnight gatherings are intended to support members planning events outside of their local area.
- If your Gather Grant proposal is an overnight or weekend event, proposals can request up to $150 per Revolve member present for the majority of the event, with a minimum of 4 Revolve attendees for the award to be reimbursed. We will request a detailed narrative of your event and budget. See here for an example.
Gather Grants for Revolve Members and Local Communities
If you have a mission-aligned proposal primarily geared toward people who are not in the Revolve community but are part of your community, we encourage you to submit a proposal based on the guidelines below. These proposals should further our collective work while operating within the spirit of gathering people in spaces through the lens of Jewish values. These proposals should also demonstrate that they would not be possible without Revolve’s support. An example might be a Revolve member who wants to co-organize a Passover Seder with a Rabbi to discuss racial and economic justice as an open community event.
- Bring together at least 5 individuals in addition to yourself (minimum six participants including yourself as a Revolve member)
- A single event can apply for up to $200
- In order to fund as many proposals as possible as equitably as possible, we may offer partial funding
- Funding cannot be applied toward travel costs
- Once the event is completed, Revolve organizers submit a story of the event along with photos to share with the Revolve community and Schusterman/ROI partners